Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some Color





I intended this drawing to be a study of sorts, of a creature. I have never done a study before and wanted to do something simple. So I decided to go for color...which I rarely do, yay! Smart for me... But, I think this turned out pretty well. The creature itself is relatively simple, and so are the colors, but it was good practice to view something from different angles. Now, I'm jumping from this to a moving creature, each drawing showing a layer of the creature- bones, muscle, organs- while it's running and jumping onto a wall. We'll see how that turns out. It's much more complicated, and I don't know why I do this to myself if Istill need more practice, but it's good practice, I suppose. Anyway...Here's the creature study in color.

Here's also a drawing of this creature in movement. I couldn't fit the whole thing on my scanner (yes, that is what I use) so this one is separate. I wish it wasn't because I severely messed up on it, severely, because I decided to use color! Well the hump is at an odd angle, and I made him a bit too chubby. Oh, well, practice makes perfect...



Caerphilly

No comments: